Friday, June 26, 2009

Entry # 4: Peace to the 'Man in the Mirror'

Today, one of the greatest entertainers of our time died of cardiac arrest. Despite the tragedy of Michael Jackon's death at 50, it's almost comforting to know that this man who lived his entire life in public scrutiny can finally rest.

My biggest MJ memory? My first trip to LA...I stepped on Michael Jackson's star on the walk of fame and an Indian tourist physically shoved me off of it. You would think that I'd stepped on the American flag. Or kicked a baby.

So, that may not sounds like a very poignant moment...but honestly it really brought it home for me that music has the power to bring people from all walks of life together.

My favorite MJ song? ..."The Way You Make Me Feel"

Watch here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEU9Q8NlOiY&feature=channel

No comments:

Post a Comment