Saturday, July 25, 2009

Entry #14: Birthday in Georgetown Part 2






I feel like I've spent far too much of my 'DC Exploration Time' in Georgetown...

For the second time in a week, I attended a birthday celebration on M Street, this time at Mie N Yu. First, I enjoyed a Pom Imperial which was absolutely delicious! Then, I shared a duck taco appetizer...it was incredibly good, but I wish there had more.

My entree was the red snapper, which was served on a bed of wasabi mashed potatoes. That was also fantastic.
The birthday girl seemed to enjoy herself, greatly though I wasn't able to get her a gift from Georgetown Cupcake (They were closed randomly...tragic).

The atmosphere of Mie N Yu was also quite beautiful, as each room had a different theme (even the bathroom!).

Following our meal, we wandered to the waterfront to take in the scene at Nick's Riverside Grill (sound familiar?). We visited a gelataria, posed for pictures by the fountain, and took in the splendor of the Kennedy Center in the distance.

Sadly, it was a Tuesday night and we had to go home. I'm sure if this pattern continues I'll have more to share from Georgetown..

No comments:

Post a Comment