Monday, July 6, 2009

Entry # 8: Squating in Style...or "Calories Don't Exist on National Holidays"

Ah the last day of the beloved three-day weekend. Tomorrow morning, I'll wake up (begrudgingly) with nothing but memories (and facebook photos) of the fun that was this weekend.



I spent my time 'vacationing' in my dear friend, Katie's, as yet unfurnished new apartment. On an aerobed. In the living room. It was AWESOME. Sometimes you just need quality time with friends, without TV. (Her cable man hasn't manned up yet. Typical.)

On the 4th we spent hours deliberating on what to do for the big fireworks display. Eventually we were hijacked by two friends and taken (in a NEW metro car) to the Mall to watch the fireworks.
It was beautiful! I've always sworn that I would never fight the crowds to watch the display in the Capital, but I'm so glad I did.

After that we power walked to Gordan Biersch in Chinatown for what turned out to be an embarrassing display of junk food consumption. And it was delicious.





No comments:

Post a Comment