Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dear Ashley Letter

Dear Ashley,

We've been needing to have this conversation for a long time.

I think by the flat tone of your voice that you feel the same way I do.

This just isn't working. I do everything I can to take good care of you...but you just aren't reliable.

In fact, when we're together I feel so...lost.

Remember last Saturday? I just wanted to go home, and you made me miss my exit. Twice.

Don't get me wrong...I love taking scenic drives along the GW Parkway, driving around in circles around, well, DuPont Circle. I even enjoyed that clever little detour through AU Sunday night. And I found driving around the parking lot at National Airport particularly titillating while on my way to work all those weeks ago.

But something's got to give.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to exchange you for a GPS that can handle the needs of a busy girl on the go, such as myself.

Don't worry, you can still live in my car.

Sincerely Yours (Until I replace you.)
Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment