Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Entry #21: First Day of School! or "My class is in a dorm building, what?"

So today was my first day of classes at American University, School of Communication. I drove several miles out of my way to ride the metro from Grosvener rather than Downtown Silver Spring...(Trust me, it was worth it).

I get to school, and spend about a half hour looking for my first classroom which is in the basement level of a dorm building...found it, love the professor and am already looking for something to write my homework on from the September Vogue.

Class ends and I ventured to the on-campus Subway with some new friends. The Subway is across from the on-campus TIGI Salon, by the way.

We took our lunch to the outdoor amphitheater, where apparently there was a screening of I Love You Man a couple days ago, and I received directions to the building where my next class would be.

I camped out in the library for a couple of hours and then schlepped my way to south campus to attend my second class. Great sounding class, cool professor and I'm plotting how to keep myself from procrastinating on the mega writing assignment that I will have...

After that, I hopped back on the metro from Tenleytown to come home (longest escalator ever...if you're even remotely afraid of heights you might want to consider taking the elevator and pretending to be handicapped).

So...two down, two to go...maybe Thursday I'll look for the gym.

2 comments:

  1. Just so you know, you may also wish to avoid the escalators at Wheaton Station - they're the longest in the system, and third longest in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I've heard...fortunately I have very few reasons to visit the Wheaton Station.

    ReplyDelete