Thursday, October 8, 2009

Entry #27: An amazing kickoff to Halloween

Last weekend, some friends and I drove to the boonies of MoCo to do some Pre-Halloween activities.

We went to Markoff's Haunted Forest. To be honest, I didn't really know what to expect. I figured that we would get there, pay, walk through the woods and head home. I was SO wrong!

We parked in a huge field, and walked towards a podium where we were forced to sign waivers. Then we were ushered to another clearing where there must have been a couple hundred people hanging out waiting for there number to be called to go into the forest. They were on number 46. Our number? 72. Sooo while we waited, we took advantage of the many activities there.

Bonfire
Rope Line
Spooky Bus
Spooky Hay Ride
Hot Chocolate
Creepers wandering around

A couple of hours later we went into the woods. Before walking in we were given a safety phrase (something about tulips and lilies, I honestly don't remember!)... So in the woods there were people dressed up, there were little scenes, it was very creepy and I was startled many times. Luckily our new friend Graham was there to make us laugh and even stepped on a chain saw. Plus, Katie and Bailey (the brave two in the front of our group) screamed every time something new popped out. And my walk buddy, Phil, probably has a hole in his shirt from me clinging.

It was a fantastic night, and the perfect way to start the Halloween season (and all for only $10.00). Now I just need the perfect costume.

And no, I didn't use the safety phrase ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment