Monday, November 16, 2009

Entry #31: The Tomato Palace - Revisted

Today I was so excited for my friend, Katie, to come visit me from NoVA (That's northern VA). We drove to the Lakefront in Columbia, MD so that I could show her around where I grew up. We were both starving, so we grabbed lunch at the Tomato Palace.

We both felt like we'd been transported back to the 90s...The Gin Blossoms and Tracy Chapman playing over the the stereo probably had something to do with that.

Instead of giving us bread and olive oil, we started with garlic knots...they were so good and totally addicting. I would go back just for those.

The Tomato Palace also had a great menu. The food was reasonably priced and there were a lot of options. The combo special allows you to choose one half salad and either a personal sized pizza from their pizza menu OR a half portion of one of their delicious pasta dishes.

I had a small Caesar salad and the Tortellini Romano. It was delicious, and I plan to go back the next time I'm Columbia.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha. i was browsing for references on palaces. i thought that 'tomato palace' was truly a palace. well, it's so far from my home. however, nice to visit here. than you.

    ReplyDelete