Thursday, January 21, 2010

Real World DC

When it comes to reality TV I usually stick to the "Real Housewives" franchise (honestly, that's about all I can handle), though lately I've been playing catch up with The Real World DC. I haven't actually watched this show since the seven strangers were over in Paris. Or was it the San Diego one? Either way, I can't remember. I digress.

I started up again, because I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see some of my favorite places in town on national television. Plus a season in the nation's capital seemed way overdue. Here are a few choice items that I noticed:

1. The Real World people ate at a (new) favorite place in town: Lauriol Plaza...mmm
2. The blonde girl that thinks she's 'overweight' is the prettiest girl in the house...I want to send her to Georgetown Cupcake.
3. I can't figure out why the Baltimore guy's girlfriend dumped him...he's ONE HOUR AWAY.
4. They played the 'Never Have I Ever' game, which is a coincidence since I've been subjected to it twice in the last several weeks.

And in an only semi-related sidebar, I've learned something else by watching the last couple episodes of this show...

...Through my own observations in town and just in watching this show, I think I've gotten the 'DC Yuppie Uniform' down to a science (for the ladies...I don't shop for men's clothing). Here it is:
  • Metal pearl earrings.
  • A Longchamp bag. It almost always MUST be black.
  • A smart phone...how else can one be expected to pretend to read one's e-mails whilst waiting in line at Starbucks?
  • A shift dress with a complimentary colored sweater. Pastels are best.
  • This outfit works in either hot OR cold climate, but if it's cold some sort of beige colored trench coat should go over the ensemble.
  • A "Statement" necklace. Whatever that means... I think I bought one at Anne Taylor a few days ago, so I'm all set.
  • A Mac.
  • Jack Rogers sandals in the spring (I'm buying mine at the Pink Crab in Annapolis next week. Yes, I know it's January.)
  • A pastel headband.
  • A North Face jacket for cold weather.
  • Just in case anyone is wondering...I'm not making fun of anyone. I happily admit to shopping for/owning almost all of these items.
So there you have it...a long overdue post on the Real World DC....

1 comment:

  1. I just buoght some Jack Rogers on their new website www.jackrogersusa.com and they are the best! They have new styles that I haven't seen before like their hi wedge. Check it out their stuff is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete