Monday, August 3, 2009

Entry #18: The Old Brogue


Last night, two girlfriends and I ventured to Great Falls for some Irish food. We visited The Old Brogue for some traditional cuisine from the 'emerald isle'.


Never having been to Ireland myself, I can't vouch for its authenticity...but it was delish!


We started our meal with the goat cheese strudel appetizer. Fresh goat cheese prepared in a puff pastry with tomato, onion, pine nuts, red pepper and basil. It was great, but their appetizer menu lacked what would seem like 'traditional' Irish fare.


For an entree, I enjoyed the Guinness Beef Pie. Beef stewed in Guinness with potatoes, veggies and gravy served in a flaky puff pastry. Love at first bite, though I probably would have enjoyed it even more if it had been significantly colder outside.


Will I visit the Old Brogue again? Definitely! (But when it's a little bit cooler outside)



2 comments:

  1. keep up the great posts about the restaurants, but where the heck are you getting the money to go out every night.. ugh, so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm maybe my next project will be the best food for under $10 a person.

    ReplyDelete