Friday, July 31, 2009

Entry #17: Piola Indulgence or "This might be the best profiterole I have ever tasted."

First take five friends, throw in some pizza and then top it off with (incredible) white sangria...a recipe for a great night.

Yesterday I met with four of my favorite people for dinner at Piola in Rosslyn. Shannon and I got there first. We couldn't help but indulge in the happy hour while we waited for the other.

$3.00 Domestic Beer
$4.00 House Wines
$5.00 Sangria (white or red)

The white sangria was delicious, and it was followed by a most amazing pizza. I had the Bruxelles...a white pizza with lots of yummy goat cheese.

We followed our pizzas with a sampling of desserts. Katie enjoyed the profiteroles. They were perfect, and covered with a warm chocolate sauce. I still had room in my dessert stomach for more (there's always room for more dessert).

Our amazing dinner was followed by a walk around Rosslyn...and a near head-on collision.

Except for that little snafu, the night was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment