Saturday, January 23, 2010

OUCH

This morning, I woke up and got ready for a trip to my new gym (Golds). After washing my face, I looked at my eyebrows and thought to myself, "hmm..after I go to the gym, I think I'll go and have my eyebrows waxed."

So after a successful workout, I looked for a place where I could find myself on the receiving end of some well deserved pampering. I walk into a nail salon & spa type place with the intent of having my brows cleaned up. A lady sitting in a massage chair asked me if she could help me. I asked for an eyebrow treatment. She points to a room. I enter this room.

The "beautician" begins fixing me up and I start to relax. A few moments later, my left eyebrow starts tingling. A LOT.

Then the right one. And then the burning hits.

I silently ask myself, "Am I bleeding yet?"

As a veteran eyebrow waxing customer, I realize that this sensation is a bit odd.

So I wait with bated breath for her to rub some cooling gel on my brow. What does she put on my face? RUBBING ALCOHOL. (I would say that this feels a little bit like having multiple paper cuts on your hand and dipping it in lemon juice.)

I nearly jump three feet in the air while politely suggesting, "UM THAT BURNS. A LOT!"

So she finishes up and puts some Neosporin on my face. Interesting, that she keeps Neosporin handy.

Now I am sitting here desperately trying to minimize the swelling/redness of my face before my friend's birthday party this evening.

A few teachable moments for each of you:
  • If you go to a salon and the receptionist DOESN'T EVEN BOTHER TO GET OUT OF HER CHAIR TO GREAT YOU leave. Don't pass go. Don't collect $200.
  • If the salon you're thinking about visiting is sandwiched between two somewhat fast-food establishments, go home and look for something else online.
  • If you start to feel like John Travolta in Face Off during a SPA TREATMENT there is a problem.
**UPDATE**

Upon further inspection, the eyebrows don't even quite match...one is arched higher than the other. Maybe she got freaked out upon realizing that she was destroying my face and decided to stop before I demanded a free service.

I will be resuming my search for an eyebrow place...suggestions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment