Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo Especial

I love Enrique Iglesias, as all of my friends know, so when I saw this on People.com I knew that I had to share it with you.

"The ultimate Cinco de Mayo celebration requires two things: lots of beer and great music.

Enrique Iglesias's new single "I Like It" featuring Pitbull (and a cameo by Lionel Richie) is a perfect party-starter – it's even being included on the upcoming Jersey Shore soundtrack – so PEOPLE asked the singer, 34, to share the five songs he loves to listen to on the holiday.

"Ojala que llueva Café" by Juan Luis Guerra


"This is one of the most classic Latin songs of all time," says Iglesias, who recently had Guerra record on one of his tracks.

"Si No Te Hubieras Ido" by Marco Antonio Solis


"I think he is one of the best Mexican songwriters and this is one of my favorite songs of his," he says.

"Time to Pretend" by MGMT


Says Iglesias: "It's a unique way of saying let's all just have fun."

"Perdoname Mi Amor" by Rigo Tovar

Why did this track make the singer's list? "Because a good friend of mine from Mexico is always singing that song."


"Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon

"I just love this band," he says, "and think this is a very clever track."

Iglesias's new album will be released in July."

No comments:

Post a Comment