Tuesday, May 4, 2010

U St. Celebration

To get an early handle on my birthday, I invited a bunch of my friends to come out and celebrate in the U St. area. The first stop was Eatonville on 14th st followed by dancing at Local 16.

We really got an authentic southern experience eating at Eatonville -- Water served in mason jars, comfort food (like the catfish and cheese grits that I ordered) and a broken air conditioning unit causing all of us to stick to our seats. The art work in the restaurant was also impressive. I would definitely go back, but not with a big party - splitting the check was probably the worst part of the entire evening.

After that we walked on over to Local 16 where we met up with some of my wonderful friends from AU. It was just as hot there, so I floated around between the patio and the dance floor.

It was a VERY good night, my Badgely Mishka find from Loehman's was a big hit, and I had a wonderful time celebrating my birthday with my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment