Thursday, April 29, 2010

Shopping in Friendship Heights

Up until now I haven't heard the best reviews about the shopping in Friendship Heights.

"The parking sucks."

"The parking is expensive."

"The parking is expensive even if get you get validation. And it sucks."

"The stores close at six"

"The stores don't open until the afternoon"

"The department stores in Friendship Heights don't have the same selection as the same stores in other locations"

Keeping all of these things in mind, I met two of my friends in Friendship Heights to go birthday dress shopping. My first instinct was to hit Neimans or the Barneys Co-op but I went to Filene's Basement first. The dress selection lacked much to be desired so we crossed the street and went to Loehman's. I tried on three dresses and none of them did it for me. I was just about to leave when my friends found me leaving the dressing room. They presented me with a pink Badgely Mishka dress that they found on a clearance rack in some other section of the store.

I went back to the dressing room area to try it on and all of the rooms were full. The dressing room attendant pointed us to 'the big room' so we entered. Imagine -- an enormous communal dressing room with mirrors on every wall. AWKWARD. I almost threw in the towel but they convinced to try the dress on middle school style.

Finally, after the ordeal of changing in front of strangers was over I looked at the dress and we unanimously agreed that it was the winner.

For my birthday I have a perfect pink Badgely Mishka dress (originally priced at $695...bought it for $70) and a super awkward story to tell every time someone asks me where it came from.

Also -- I had to walk an extra couple of blocks, but there was ample street parking at the reasonable price of $0.

No comments:

Post a Comment