Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Target Trials, or Reason #346 for why it's time to move out of the Spring


Some things are inevitable, right? For example - you can't escape the law of gravity. You also can't escape Murphy's law or paying taxes OR leaving Target without spending FAR more money than intended and forgetting to buy an item (usually THE item) that brought you there in the first place.

The Target law usually happens to people who visit 1) without making a list 2) who are hungry or 3) are going out of boredom. I've done all three of these things and take full responsibility for them. The Cherry Hill Target has further complicated measures by epically FAILING every time I visit.

Today I went to a foreign Target in another neighborhood and saw two must-buy items. Since I was in the middle of doing something else, I decided to wait until I got home before making my purchases. I went back to what I was doing, went off to school for a meeting, and made the trip up 29 to Cherry Hill.

Well. Of course they didn't have what I wanted. Did you know that Zac Posen is designing a line of dresses exclusively for Target? Or that Miss Trish has special Target sandals with crystals on them? No? Well you're probably shopping at the Cherry Hill Target like me, because they don't have either of those brands.

Not one to leave empty-handed, this is what I bought:

  • The Giada At Home cookbook (It was on sale for a limited time)
  • The May issue of Vogue (It had Sarah Jessica Parker on the cover AND May is my birth month. Obvious)
  • A bottle of shaving gel
  • Nail polish remover (Forgot to buy cotton balls. Naturally)
Total: $30 spent having left without the purple Zac Posen dress OR the Miss Trish sandals with the crystals.

Target - 1, Me - 0




No comments:

Post a Comment